iLoans.co.uk is a trading name of Money Gap Limited ("We"). We are fully authorised by the FCA and entered on the Financial Services Register under reference number 726151 and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Money Gap Limited is also fully licenced by the Information Commissioners Office (Registration number Z1696368).
At Money Gap Limited we understand the importance of your privacy. We do everything we can to ensure personal information we hold about you as a result of your visits to any Money Gap Limited owned websites, including submitting your personal details, will be processed and handled in accordance with the accepted principles of good data handling and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
Contained within this statement and set out below are details of the type of information that we at Money Gap Limited may hold about you as our customer. It also explains how we obtain and process any personal information we may hold and most importantly how we protect your privacy.
the data protection act
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the data controller is Money Gap Limited and our registered office is 89 New Bond Street, London W1S 1DA. The company is incorporated in England and Wales and our Company Registration Number is 06617413. Our data protection registration number is Z1696368.
information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by completing the application form on our site iLoans.com or by corresponding with us by online messenger services, phone, e-mail, live chat, or post. This includes the information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, apply for a loan on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, make a complaint and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include, but is not limited to, your:
- e-mail address
- Mobile telephone number
- financial and bank account information
- details of income
- purpose of loan
- residential status
- details of outgoings
- employment details
We may also collect:
- A record of correspondence if you should contact us, together with your contact details and our responses;
- Information that you provide to our partners, brokers and affiliates where you have consented to that information being passed to us.
- We may also check that you appear on the electoral register, and whether telephone numbers you have provided are genuine.
- Your information may be submitted and verified by entities such as credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
- The reason we collect this information will be explained further below. If you make an application on our system we will hold your data for a period of six years from the date of your most recent application, but we will not actively market products or services to you for any period longer than 12 months from the date of your application. Any personal information that we store for longer than 12 months will be for audit purposes only.
Other information we collect about you. Each time you visit our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you have viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or any other services we provide. [In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site.] We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and advertising networks, delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. We only work with FCA licensed credit brokers and lenders who may send your application details to us, so that we may help try and find you a loan. In such cases, we will receive an application form from the credit broker or lender in question and we will treat your personal information in the same manner as if we collected this information ourselves.
where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. We may also outsource the storage of our server to a third party company. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- You have the right to ask us not to contact you for marketing purposes. You can do this by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to our correspondence address:Money Gap Limited, 14 Grays Inn Road, London, WC1X 8HN
- We will endeavour to action your request within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) and you should stop receiving any marketing from us within 7 business days. (Please note: this request will not stop you receiving marketing offers from other companies. To prevent this you will need to contact each company individually).
- You may update your personal information or request that we remove information about you from our records by sending us a request to the postal or email address above. In most cases we will comply with your request and confirm to you when we have done so. However, on occasion we may not be obliged to comply with your request. If this is the case we will inform you of the decision and the reasons behind it. To protect your privacy and the security of your information, we reserve the right to take reasonable steps to authenticate your identity with respect to any such request or enquiry.
- You have the right to be informed - the right to be informed encompasses your obligation to provide 'fair processing information',
- You have the right of access - this includes; confirmation of your data being processed, access to your personal data and other supplementary information detailed in this privacy notice.
- You have the right to rectification - the right to be informed encompasses your obligation to provide 'fair processing information',
- You have the right to be forgotten - as an individual you have the right to request deletion of your personal information at any time and for any reason.
- You have the right to restrict processing - individuals have a right to 'block' or suppress processing of personal data. We may still store this information on our records unless you request deletion.
- You have the right to data portability - your right to data portability allows you as an individual to obtain and re-use your personal data for your own purposes across different services.
- You have the right to object - you have the right to object to: processing based on legitimate interests or performance of a task in the public interest, direct marketing (including profiling) and processing for the purpose of scientific/ historical research & statistics.
- You have the right to be informed - the right to be informed encompasses your obligation to provide 'fair processing information',
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties without your permission or, in any such event that we are required to do so by law.
A "cookie" is a small piece of information that is stored on the browser on your computer's hard drive.
Google & Associated Service: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences
Other Third Party Advertisers: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/
Please click the link for each party for further information.
Last update: April 2018
uses made of information collected about you
As a business we use data we obtain from you and data we collect about you to perform a number of activities. Under data protection legislation we are only permitted to use your personal information when we have a legal basis that permits us to do so. We set out below an overview of the purposes for which we use your personal information for a legitimate business need.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information in the following manner:
- to carry out our obligations and comply with regulatory requirements;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
We may submit your details to the lenders we work with in order for them to conduct affordability and credit worthiness assessments in keeping with regulatory guidelines. When assessing loan applications, most lenders will undertake, amongst other things, the following:
- identity verification,
- credit checks,
- fraud prevention, and
- debt collection where necessary.
The lender may legitimately process your data:
- To use information you provide on your application form to enable applicant matching and de-duplication
- To enable assessment of lending risks by considering all products you may have with that lender already and also taking into consideration your payment history with any products you previously held with that lender for assessing your income and expenditure, and periodically updating this information to enable them to make responsible lending decisions.
- To assist with ongoing crime detection, prevention and prosecution
The lender will not use your data, unless you have explicitly consented, for:
- direct marketing,
- to contact you in any way or to sell your data.
Sharing your data externally will only be done with your permission or if the lender is legally obliged to do so. Lenders may keep your details and use them for these purposes for up to 12 months.
Loan providers and brokers we work with:
- MyJar Ltd T/A MyJar
- GAIN credit LLC T/A Lending Stream
- CashEuroNet UK LLC T/A QuickQuid
- Provident Personal Credit Ltd T/A Provident & Satsuma Loans Registered office: 1 Godwin Street, Bradford BD1 2SU E-Mail: email@example.com
- Western Circle Ltd T/A CashFloat
- PDL Finance Ltd T/A Mr Lender
- CURO Transatlantic Ltd T/A WageDayAdvance, Juo Loans
- Ferratum UK Ltd T/A Ferratum
- Indigo Michael Ltd T/A SafetyNet Credit
- TotallyMoney Ltd T/A Totally Money
- Valour Finance Ltd T/A Savvy
- Uncle Buck Finance LLP T/A Uncle Buck
- Amigo Loans Ltd T/A Amigo
- Gracombex Ltd T/A The Money Platform
- Butler Westbury Ltd T/A TalkLoans
- Choose Wisely Ltd T/A Choose Wisely
- Harvey & Thompson Ltd T/A H&T Finance
- Madison CF UK Ltd T/A 118118 Money
- Progressive Money Ltd T/A Progressive Money
You can view the relevant Privacy Policies for each lender at https://www.moneygapgroup.com/#partners.
Your details will be forwarded to various agencies that conduct the checks required from the above non-exhaustive list. If you are declined for credit this can have an adverse effect on your credit profile and credit score.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, if and when you choose to do so;
- as part of our continued efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those services we have already provided;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of previous interest to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please ensure you tick or un-tick the relevant box situated on the loan application form on which we collect your data or contact us directly with a request for deletion of your personal details;
- to evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing of our website and statistical analysis. In doing so we may send your details to third party service providers so that they may help us analyse the data from a commercial point of view. We will where possible anonymise your data, however, this is not always possible and your details may be passed to our carefully selected third party service providers. We will endeavour to ensure your personal details are kept secure by working with companies that take their data protection obligations seriously, however, we cannot guarantee the safety of your details at all times.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We may post customer testimonials on our websites or marketing materials, which may contain personally identifiable information. If you would like your testimonial removed from any Money Gap Limited assets, you can request removal through our various customer support channels.
disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, now, or in the future, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you. This will include, but is not limited to lenders, credit brokers, debt management agencies, fraud agencies and credit reference agencies.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Fraud prevention agencies and identity verification agencies for the purposes of assessing the legitimacy of your application.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Money Gap Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We are not responsible for any services or representations made by these third parties. To opt-out of receiving any further marketing communications (emails, calls, or SMS messages) from such third party, please make contact with the third party directly.
how we may contact you
Unless you state otherwise to us, lenders, third parties and other FCA regulated credit brokers (see further section on 'How we keep you informed') may contact you via telephone, email, post, or sms.
how you can contact us
Money Gap Limited
14 Gray's Inn Rd,
Alternatively, email our Customer Support team.
how we keep you informed
As a business, we may need to make contact with you in order to keep you informed regarding offers on products or services which we think you may find of interest, this contact could be made via email, sms, automated messages.
Customers may OPTOUT of SMS messages to 88010 and/ or other non-premium shortcodes communicated by Money Gap Ltd. These OPTOUT messages are charged at standard network rate, up to a maximum of 10p per message. Please note, on most phone packages, these texts are not covered by inclusive message allowances or bundles, and as such will be billed separately.
Customers may also be given options to OPTOUT of marketing by responding to a designated mobile number (e.g. TXT STOP to 07860041273) messages to these numbers will normally be included as part of inclusive SMS message allowance(s) on any network. If you do not have inclusive SMS messages, you may be charged at your carrier's standard rate.
All customers can OPTOUT of Money Gap Limited communications free of charge by contacting us direct via email or live chat.
Third parties may also wish to contact you from time to time using the personal information we have shared with them for the specific purpose of offering personal finance solutions. Any information that we have shared with a third party is completely trusted for the purpose it is specified for, third parties may also use the same means of contact stated above.
obtaining data/ information
- You are free to access www.iloans.co.uk(or any other website owned by Money Gap Limited) and browse our website at your convenience. In doing so you do not have to provide any personal information/data, however we would like to refer you to our cookies policy for further information on data we may collect.
Information/ data that we would normally collect from you during an application process include:
- Residential address
- Residential status
- Date of birth
- Email address (if applicable)
- Telephone number (home, mobile, work)
- Income details
- Details of bank account
ensuring your personal details and/ or preferences are kept up to date
It is your responsibility to ensure that any personal information we keep on record about you is up to date and correct. If you require any of your personal details to be updated (or removed) you may contact us through any support channel (email, SMS, live chat or telephone) so we can ensure your information is correct.
confidentiality & security
Money Gap Ltd recognise the importance of keeping your personal information/data confidential and secure. To ensure we keep your personal details private and confidential we have introduced rules, measures, specialist technologies and implemented security policies to ensure that your information is protected.
Whilst Money Gap Limited make every attempt to protect your information there are still risks involved when disclosing your information online and we need to make you aware of this.
a special note about children
No person under the age of 18 years old is permitted to use our website or services offered.
links to other websites
Websites owned and operated by Money Gap Limited may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites, including those of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any external websites, please note that these websites may have their own privacy policies which may also apply to site content. These should be understood and agreed to before submitting any personal information. We cannot be held responsible for the other website privacy policies.
changes to this notice